Policies and Procedures - Updated June 2017
Dates to Remember
The year will run from September 5, 2017 to June 15, 2018.
Recitals (dates subject to change):
- Canada 150 Concert: October 29
- Winter Recital: January 20, 2018
- Spring Recital: June 2, 2018
- Christmas/Winter break - December 21, 2017 to January 3, 2018
- Spring/March/Easter break - March 26-30, 2018 (subject to change)
Other Studio Days Off can be noted on the studio calendar (login required).
The following fees are due at first lesson:
- Registration fee - $35
- For those paying by cheque only: Materials fee - $50-$75
- Deposit towards books and other materials
- May require a “top-up” during the year
- If not paying by cheque, books will be invoiced throughout the year
I accept post-dated cheques, Interac e-transfer and Paypal. Cheques are payable to Experience Music 4 Life.
Tuition will be billed monthly. If paying by cheque, post-dated cheques dated for the 1st of the month are due at the first lesson. Invoices are sent on approximately the 1st of the month, due by the 4th. If you have provided post-dated cheques, the invoice balance will show $0.
NSF cheques are $15.
Cancelled or Missed lessons
Please provide at least 24-hours notice for cancelled lessons. Lessons cancelled without 24-hours notice will be forfeited, except by the teacher’s discretion.
Lessons cancelled by the teacher may be rescheduled. As much notice as possible will be provided, however, given the nature of our weather, this may be short notice. Allowance has been made in tuition fees to cover a few missed lessons through the year.
Annual tuition includes up to 3 missed lessons by the student (with 24-hrs notice) or teacher.
All personal information collected by Experience Music 4 Life in the course of doing business with you will be kept strictly confidential. Personal information of students or parents/guardians will not be shared to any parties outside of Experience Music 4 Life except where required for studio management, exam or festival/competition registration, or reporting of revenue for income tax purposes.